Dick’s Family Foods
Family Owned Since 1908!
Dick’s Family Foods is a fourth generation, family owned business. We have been a part of the Wrightstown community since 1908. The business was started by John Vanden Wymelenberg, who came to America on May 21st, 1857. In 1908 John bought a general store and hardware store, on the corner of Broadway and Main, from a village resident named F. X. Nelessen. John operated the store and raised a family of eleven children. In 1921 one of his sons, Elzear, purchased the operation. Elzear ran both stores until the 1940’s when he sold the hardware store to Peter Lamers, his brother in law, keeping the general store. Elzear raised a family of 6 children, and operated the general store until 1964 when his son Richard (Dick) bought it from him. Dick then moved the operation to 615 Main St., the site of the current Subway and library mall. Dick raised a family of ten children, and operated the store as sole proprietor until 1989 when he incorporated and added shareholders: sons Rick and John. On St. Patrick’s Day in 1993, Rick and John purchased all the Dick’s stock and became the owners of Dick’s Family Foods Inc.